First, here are your free resources…
- Jena’s Private Practice Roadmap
- Jena’s 60 minute webinar to teach you the ins and outs of getting started in private practice
- Jena’s Podcast: Private Practice Success Stories
- Our checklist on the financial, legal and tax issues to consider when starting a private practice
My guest on this episode is Jena Castro-Casbon, a private practice consultant and owner of The Independent Clinician. She works with SLPs just like you to realize their dream of starting and growing their very own private practice. Jena has helped over 10,000 SLPs get started and grow their businesses to their definition of success.
We talk about the importance of mentorship and how two colleagues helped inspire her to take the leap and start her own private practice. As Jena says, it only takes 1 client to start your practice, but that 1st client is always the hardest to get.
We then talk about the 5 P’s to get your practice off the ground, which are to picture, protect, promote, payment (get paid) and prosper.
Lastly, Jena shares the common reasons why SLPs are nervous to get started. From waiting until you’re an expert with a specialization to the fear of failure, we talk about strategies to overcome these mental hurdles.
My 3 big takeaways from this conversation with Jena.
- Use a tool to set the vision for your practice. Jena has a Private Practice Roadmap to help you get started and see if being a private practitioner is the right career path for you.
- Seek mentorship from someone who is a private practitioner. Just like Jena received guidance when she got started, many SLPs like to pay it forward and help others.
- There is no perfect time to get started, and the hardest part is, just that, getting started. If you wait until the perfect opportunity, you will never get your practice off the ground.
If you enjoy the show, subscribe now in your favorite podcast player so you never miss an episode!
As a reminder, you can also set up a 30 minute introductory consultation conversation to learn a little bit more about what it means to work with our firm and how we serve SLPs and Private Practice owners all over the country. Click the start here button below to access our calendar.